Arêt since: 2016 | Location: Washington & On The Road | Trade: Badass Brazilian Climber | Basewear: Low Cut Orchid
“If you have big goals fight for them, but don’t wait to be happy until you achieve them. Be happy right now, be happy in the process.”
Meet the ultimate Brazilian badass: Maiza Lima. As one of our very first models, Maiza has been with Arêt since the very beginning. She’s currently living the dream on the road with a home base in Washington. Vibrant with gratitude and a passion for adventure, she brings her A-game to the outdoors with a smile on her face.
Your TOURA of choice?
How about your rock of choice?
Who is your femmespiration?
"My mother and her desire to give us a better life brought me to America from Brazil. Growing up, we struggled."
What do you miss the most?
The future is listening, what ethical struggle are you passionate about?
What do you wish you could tell other women everywhere?
"I wish I could see more positivity and less complaining. More generosity and less selfishness. More recycling, reuse and less abuse."
What is the biggest cultural shift you have experienced?
What might be something Americans don’t know about Brazil? Surprise us!
- We’re Latin Americans but not Hispanic, therefore WE DONT SPEAK SPANISH, we speak português.
- In Brazil, we don’t call it a Brazil nut, it’s called Para’s nut.
- The big butts you see are real and not plastic surgery.
- We take showers two times a day and bring our toothbrush to work for the lunch break.
- Brazilians are addicted to soap operas and at some point, the entire country stops to watch the last episode.
- We also have a famous drink called caipirinha, made with Cachaca (an alcohol made from sugar cane that has 51% alcohol per volume). It sells all over the world now but we started making it because it used to be cheap and gets you drunk pretty fast.